You are looking at historical revision 24267 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Some Performance Hints
Here are some pieces of information how to build a chicken for maximum performance. Note that only few applications are worth this hacking.
- add C_COMPILER_OPTIMIZATION_OPTIONS="-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=core2" (matching your hardware) to make call
- add NOPTABLES=1 in make call
- determine the best nursery size for your machine and passing it to make: make NURSERY=1048576 ...
- How about HACKED_APPLY=0 ?
The Famous Chicken Run
Here the fun part starts. The following entries are ordered by increasing runtime. The only time value listed is the user time reported by make check for a freshly built chicken.
- 10.446s: Intel Core2 T7800, chicken git 2011-07-01, gcc 4.5.1, standard build, 32bit mode, race on 2011-07-01, trainer: Sven
Please help by providing performance tips, results and by improving the result format above!