You are looking at historical revision 5123 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Here are some pieces of information how to build a chicken for maximum performance. Note that only very few applications are worth this hacking.
- add -march=pentium3 (matching your hardware) and change -Os to -O3 in configure line
- use --disable-apply-hook --disable-procedure-tables in configure call
- determine the best nursery size for your machine and use it by passing it to make: make NURSERY=65536
= Fastest Chicken in Chicken Run
Here the fun part starts.
Sum of the 'max' column from make bench:
- 16.562s: AMD Athlon XP 2600+, gcc 4.2.0, chicken darcs-20070716, standard build, trainer: Sven
- 20.000s: AMD Sempron 2400+, gcc 4.2.0, chicken darcs-20070716, standard build, trainer: Sven