You are looking at historical revision 5203 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Some Performance Hints
Here are some pieces of information how to build a chicken for maximum performance. Note that only very few applications are worth this hacking.
- add -march=pentium3 (matching your hardware) and change -Os to -O3 in configure line
- use --disable-apply-hook --disable-procedure-tables in configure call
- determine the best nursery size for your machine and use it by passing it to make: make NURSERY=65536
The Famous Chicken Run
Here the fun part starts. The following entries are ordered by increasing runtime. The only time value listed is the last number produced by 'make bench', i.e. the 'max' column value from the 'TOTAL' row.
- 18.245s: AMD Athlon XP 2600+, gcc 4.2.1, chicken darcs-20070724, standard build except for --disable-apply-hook --disable-procedure-tables, race on 2007-07-24, trainer: Sven
- 21.598s: AMD Sempron 2400+, gcc 4.2.1, chicken darcs-20070724, standard build except for --disable-apply-hook --disable-procedure-tables, race on 2007-07-24, trainer: Sven
Please help by providing results and by improving the format above!