You are looking at historical revision 10402 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Support for the full numeric tower.
This extension provides support for large exact integers, exact rational and complex numbers.
The following standard procedures are redefined:
+ - * / = > < >= <= abs max min eqv? equal? exp expt log sin cos tan atan asin acos sqrt quotient modulo remainder exact? inexact? exact->inexact inexact->exact positive? negative? even? odd? zero? number? complex? real? rational? integer? gcd lcm truncate ceiling floor round number->string string->number numerator denominator rationalize magnitude angle real-part imag-part
The following standard procedures are provided:
The following non-standard extended procedures are redefined:
add1 sub1 signum bitwise-and bitwise-ior bitwise-xor bitwise-not arithmetic-shift randomize random
Additionally the following procedures are available:
[procedure] (conj Z)
Returns the conjugate of the complex number Z.
[procedure] (bignum? X)
Is X an extended-precision integer?
[procedure] (ratnum? X)
Is X a ratio?
[procedure] (cflonum? X)
Is X an inexact-complex or a floatingpoint?
[procedure] (rectnum? X)
Is X an exact-complex?
[procedure] (compnum? X)
Is X an inexact-complex?
(define (fac n) (if (zero? n) 1 (* n (fac (- n 1))) ) ) ) )
(fac 100) ; => 9332621544394415268169923885626670049071596826438162146859296389 5217599993229915608941463976156518286253697920827223758251185210 916864000000000000000000000000
Bugs and limitations
- Extended number literals can not be used directly in compiled code. Use string->number instead.
About this egg
The code for complex arithmetic was mostly taken from Thomas Chust's complex egg.
The GNU Multiprecision Package must be installed.
To print and read extended numbers, CHICKEN version 1.935 or higher is required. Older versions should still work but will not print anything useful.
- Fix for equal? when given keywords as args [Bug noted by papasi] [elf]
- Using more accurate exact->inexact conversion for rationals [Alex Shinn]
- fixed bug in fixnum bitwise operations [Thanks to Jeremy Sydik]
- not quite complete support for static linking
- Fixed a bug in angle [zb, mario]
- Single-argument + and * didn't check argument type [Thanks to Stephen Gilardi]
- Bugfix for compiler macros, undefined symbol [Kon Lovett]
- Added compiler macros for bitwise-... operations
- Compiler macros now work without -X numbers
- Added support for speculative inlining of fixnum ops
- Fixed bug in ratnum/bignum division [Thanks to Ivan Shmakov]
- Fixing round for rational numbers [Alex Shinn]
- Added bignum? ratnum? cflonum? rectnum? compnum? [Kon Lovett]
- Uses easyffi properly [reported by John Cowan]
- Fix for fixnum/rational comparison [by Zbigniew]
- rational? always returned false for flonums
- Added some missing definitions to numbers.scm [found by Kon Lovett]
- Fixed memory leak in some bitwise operations [found by Dan Muresan]
- Fixed a bug in expt [Daishi Kato]
- round rounds to even (as specified by R5RS) [Thanks to Benedikt Rosenau]
- Reimplemented = in C
- Fixed equal? which didn't handle extended numbers nested in other data
- Slight performance tuning for expt [Again by Daishi]
- Fixed bug in fixnum/bignum subtraction [Thanks to Daishi Kato and Alex Shinn]
- Speed improvements for expt by Daishi Kato
- Added random and randomize [Suggested by Daishi Kato]
- bignum/fixnum subtraction used wrong argument order [Thanks to Kon Lovett]
- Several bug fixes by Alex Shinn; signum is exactness preserving
- Alex Shinn contributed a working version of expt
- Yet another bug-fix by Michal
- Several bug-fixes by Michal Janeczek
- exactness handling of expt is slightly better but still not perfect.
- Fixed bug in integer?
Copyright (c) 2005-2007, Felix L. Winkelmann All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. Neither the name of the author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.