You are looking at historical revision 21922 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Computes SHA1 (FIPS-180-1) checksums
Any Scheme-object can be the SOURCE for a digest. See message-digest for more information.
Returns the SHA1 checksum digest primitive object.
sha1-digest ; DEPRECATED[procedure] (sha1-digest SOURCE)
Returns the SHA1 checksum of SOURCE as a hex string.
sha1-binary-digest ; DEPRECATED[procedure] (sha1-binary-digest SOURCE)
Returns the SHA1 checksum of SOURCE as a string.
(use sha1) (sha1-digest "abc") => "a9993e364706816aba3e25717850c26c9cd0d89d"
- Use the message-digest algorithm API instead of sha1-digest & sha1-binary-digest.
Steve Reid, packaged for Chicken by Peter Bex
- Fix for test, wrong context allocation size. Kon Lovett
- a message-digest-primitive has no "state". Kon Lovett
- Replaced GPL code with common public domain code.
- Initial Chicken 4 release Kon Lovett
SHA-1 in C By Steve Reid <firstname.lastname@example.org> 100% Public Domain