Sun and fun conference
It will take place in Nuremberg, Germany, Europe, Planet Earth on
September 23-25th 2016
We will meet at
"Nachbarschaftshaus Gostenhof" Adam-Klein-Straße 6 90429 Nürnberg
See https://www.nuernberg.de/internet/nh_gostenhof/kontakt.html for how to get there with public transport.
- https://www.aohostels.com/de/nuernberg/ Never been there but cheap accomodation
- https://www.deraghotels.de/hotels/nuernberg/ Close to the venue, basic but ok I think ~ 55 EUR / p.n.
- https://www.hotelbb.de/de/nuernberg-city A bit longer to walk, closer to the city center / station and may be a bit cheaper. It's adjacent street is rather loud though.
This is a free event. There will be beverages available on the venue, we will go outside for food. Please plan for your own needs.
Talks and Demos
Please add your pet peeve project or topics you want to have discussed with your fellow schemers here:
- wasamasa: "Explorations in GUI programming with CHICKEN" (slides), assorted Emacs stuff (graphics, implementing MAL, writing Emacs Lisp)
- Bunny351: Progress report on the CHICKEN-5 egg-installation system (slides: egg talk)
- Bunny351: Using a variant of ACME as a development system for Scheme (slides: ma talk)
- Can we discuss and fix this ticket perhaps?
- juergen: Not a talk, but a discussion of the (lambda (x x) ...) problem
- Add your own talk here!
- Regenaxer (24th only)
- dinner with the early birds. Place tbd. I will be there: Kooda, sjamaan, C-Keen, murphy_tcc
- opening of the venue + setup
- official start :)
- dinner, place t.b.d
- venue closes, nothing to be done he re
- open end
- lots of places to hang around and chat...
- optional breakfast?
- opening of the venue
- Talk slot I
- Lunch, place tbd.
- Talk slot II
- Guided Tour "1000 years of Nuremberg" ~1hr, takes us half an hour to get there
- venue closes
- open end
- good night beer in a nearby Biergarten
- venue opens
- lunch tbd.
- venue closes.
- open end
- people not leaving on sunday will hang out together in a nearby Biergarten if weather permits
This is mostly for C-Keen but add your own stuff as well...
- order drinks and snacks at the venue
- check whether we can get in earlier on friday
- check for recording device, Kooda will bring a stereo microphone
- bring switch and network cables