You are looking at historical revision 14097 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
The CHICKEN User's Manual
This is the user's manual for the Chicken Scheme compiler, version 4.0.0x5
- Getting started
- What is CHICKEN and how do I use it?
- Basic mode of operation
- Compiling Scheme files.
- Using the compiler
- Explains how to use CHICKEN to compile programs and execute them.
- Using the interpreter
- Invocation and usage of csi, the CHICKEN interpreter
- Supported language
- The language implemented by CHICKEN (deviations from the standard and extensions).
- Interface to external functions and variables
- Accessing C and C++ code and data.
- Packaging and installing extension libraries.
- Data representation
- How Scheme data is internally represented.
- Bugs and limitations
- Yes, there are some.
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions about CHICKEN (and their answers!).
- A list of some of the people that have contributed to make CHICKEN what it is.
- Links to documents that may be of interest.