You are looking at historical revision 25277 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Chicken Scheme tutorials
This page contains a list of tutorials we have written (or would like someone to write) about Chicken Scheme.
- A guided tour through the CHICKEN republic
- Christian's FrOSCon 2011 talk
- JRM's Syntax-rules Primer for the Merely Eccentric
- A famous and very friendly introduction to the R5RS high-level macro system known as syntax-rules.
- Al* Petrofky's "An Advanced Syntax-Rules Primer for the Mildly Insane"
- A useful article to read if you wish to know the nitty-gritty details of how macro renaming works. This may help you to not only understand syntax-rules better, but will also provide a good basis for grokking explicit renaming and other macro systems.
- Explicit (and implicit) renaming macros
- Introduction to "explicit (and implicit) renaming" macros, the low-level macro systems used in Chicken.
- Macro systems and chicken (long)
- An excellent post by Alex Shinn, explaining different macro systems. Please note: This was written when Chicken 4 was not yet released, and hence refers to various different macro systems available for Chicken at the time. This is no longer true since Chicken now has ER- and IR-macros built in.
- Design by Contract
- How to use Design by Contract in Chicken.
- How to use assertions in your code as a way to detect programming errors.
- Autoconf - Automake
- A tutorial explaining how to use Autoconf and Automake in software packages containing Scheme files meant to be compiled by Chicken.
- Eggs Tutorial
- A tutorial about creating Chicken eggs.
- Chicken on handhelds
- A guide to using Chicken on embedded devices.
- Compiling Chicken on Windows XP with MinGW
- For the Windows using C/C++ newbies like me.