You are looking at historical revision 2362 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
i love scheme. scheme is good. scheme does what you want it to do with a minimum of hassle. chicken is an especially good scheme interpreter/compiler, so much so that i no longer use anything else for work, teaching, or maintenance. (i've used over 90% of the implementations listed on schemers.org at one time or another.)
- in my opinion, the only useful thing to have come out of perl is the CPAN concept. i'd love to get something like that going for an up-to-date repository, since indiana and cmu are no longer maintained. if others are interested, from any implementation, please let me know.
- scheme interoperability. it would be nice to have translations set up between different scheme implementations, and would probably help to unite the overall community.
- spam filtering (this is also my job at the moment. if you are willing to donate corpora of mail, especially ham, please let me know.) programs involving this will be released to the greater community probably by year end.
- S-LAM =based scheme operating system/kernel.
- by extension, writing system programs/daemons using S-LAM scheme.
- tablet software for creating electronic notebook/datastore capabilities.