You are looking at historical revision 6992 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
i love scheme. scheme is good. scheme does what you want it to do with a minimum of hassle. chicken is an especially good scheme interpreter/compiler, so much so that i no longer use anything else for work, teaching, or maintenance. (i've used over 90% of the implementations listed on schemers.org at one time or another.) my computer melted. i will be back by the end of this week if all goes well. apologies for disappearing.
- in my opinion, the only useful thing to have come out of perl is the CPAN concept. i'd love to get something like that going for an up-to-date repository, since indiana and cmu are no longer maintained. if others are interested, from any implementation, please let me know.
- scheme interoperability. it would be nice to have translations set up between different scheme implementations, and would probably help to unite the overall community.
- S-LAM -based scheme operating system/kernel.
- by extension, writing system programs/daemons using S-LAM scheme.
- tablet software for creating electronic notebook/datastore capabilities.