You are looking at historical revision 8503 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
About Mei love scheme. scheme is good. scheme does what you want it to do with a minimum of hassle. chicken is an especially good scheme interpreter/compiler, so much so that i no longer use anything else for work, teaching, or maintenance. (i've used over 90% of the implementations listed on schemers.org at one time or another.) my computer melted. i will be back by the end of this week if all goes well. apologies for disappearing.i am one of the chicken core maintainers at this point. if you need anything, i'm available on #chicken and on the mailing lists.
- in my opinion, the only useful thing to have come out of perl is the CPAN concept. i'd love to get something like that going for an up-to-date repository, since indiana and cmu are no longer maintained. if others are interested, from any implementation, please let me know.
- scheme interoperability. it would be nice to have translations set up between different scheme implementations, and would probably help to unite the overall community.
- S-LAM -based scheme operating system/kernel.
- by extension, writing system programs/daemons using S-LAM scheme.
- tablet software for creating electronic notebook/datastore capabilities.
- unified high-level interface to all network socket types
- simple dns resolver
- UNIX packet sockets (with Ben Kurtz)
- extended text processing procedures
- secure lambda calculus extension
- Chicken ports for Windows (mingw and cygwin) : (if i have to use windows, i at least want a decent scheme)
- Funk (with Ben Kurtz) : functional fuzzing in chicken
- Portable Pure-Scheme Extended Regexps (for SLIB) : major work in progress