You are looking at historical revision 5000 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Well I am putting some tips to myself here...
Using Emacs to work with chicken
- Install quack. On a Debian system run apt-get install quack. Otherwise, go to http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/support/emacs/pllab.html
- Add to .emacs the following lines
(setq quack-default-program "csi") (require 'quack)
Some Books about Scheme
- The Scheme Programming Language http://www.scheme.com/tspl3/
- An Introduction to Scheme and its Implementation http://core.federated.com/~jim/schintro-v14/schintro_toc.html
- Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html
- How to Design Programs http://www.htdp.org/
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
Chicken User's Manual
To access the manual from the REPL:
csi> (use man) csi> (man:load) csi> (man:search "regex") csi> (man:help 'something-that-exists)
#;1> (use man) #;2> (man:load) #;4> (man:search "case") #;5> (man:help 'case-lambda)