You are looking at historical revision 24513 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Output text diff scripts in different formats.
This library defines the textdiff procedure, which produces a diff script for two SRFI-43 vectors containing strings, and provides a formatting procedure for several formats commonly supported by diff(1).
Procedures[procedure] textdiff:: TEXT1 TEXT2 [CONTEXT] -> (HUNK ... )
Text diff procedure;
- TEXT1 and TEXT2 are two SRFI-43 vectors that contain strings;
- CONTEXT is an optional number of context lines to be provided with each operation in the diff script
See the npdiff library documentation for a detailed description of the HUNK data type.[procedure] make-format-textdiff:: TYPE -> FORMAT-PROC
returns a hunk formatter procedure of the specified types; the following formats are supported:
- ed(1) script
- normal diff format
- rcs(1) diff script
- context diff format
Each hunk formatter procedure is of the form LAMBDA OUT-PORT HUNK-LIST, except for the context formatter, which is of the form LAMBDA OUT-PORT HUNK-LIST FNAME1 TSTAMP1 FNAME2 TSTAMP2, where the timestamp and filename arguments are strings. Please see the diff(1) manual for a detailed description of each format.[procedure] textdiff->sexp:: (HUNK ... ) -> (SEXP ...)
converts a list of hunks to a list of s-expressions suitable for input to the apply-patch procedure of the patch egg.
(require-extension npdiff) (require-extension format-textdiff) (define t1 (open-input-file "file0")) (define text1 (read-lines t1)) (define t2 (open-input-file "file1")) (define text2 (read-lines t2)) (define hunks (textdiff text1 text2 3)) (define format make-format-textdiff) ((format 'ed) (current-output-port) hunks) ((format 'normal) (current-output-port) hunks) ((format 'rcs) (current-output-port) hunks) ((format 'context) (current-output-port) hunks "file0" "Sun Jun 3 18:28:06 2007" "file1" "Sun Jun 3 18:28:06 2007") (require-extension patch) (define sexp (textdiff->sexp hunks)) (with-input-from-port (open-input-file "file0") (lambda () (with-output-to-port (open-output-file "file1.new") (lambda () (apply-patch sexp)))))
About this egg
- Ensure proper test script exit status
- Fixed merging of remove/change hunks in context diff routine [bug reported by Daishi Kato]
- Bug fixes in context format handling and improved test cases
- Adjusted paths of test files in unit tests
- Documentation converted to wiki format
- Some improvements to the test suite
- Ported to Chicken 4
- Build script updated for better cross-platform compatibility
- eggdoc documentation fix
- License upgrade to GPL v3
- Added license text to source files
- Added procedure textdiff->sexp [thanks to Felix for the suggestion]
- Initial release
Copyright 2007-2011 Ivan Raikov. This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. A full copy of the GPL license can be found at <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.