Bindings to OpenGL with GLEW extension loading.
Chicken's other opengl bindings are based on the old fixed function pipeline OpenGL. These bindings generated by bind with the OpenGL core header file. Additionally, bindings to GLEW are provided for extension management.
All functions and constants from the OpenGL core header file are exported. Scheme style names are provided (underscores and camelCase replaced with hyphens), the gl prefix is removed from names, functions starting with is instead end in question marks, and constants are bookended by +s (e.g. delete-texture, enabled?, +arb-viewport-array+). The terms 1D, 2D and 3D are additionally hyphen separated in order to match their constant counterparts (e.g. tex-image-2d and +texture-2d+).
Functions whose C counterparts accept or return GLboolean accept or return a Scheme boolean value. Do not pass +true+ or +false+ to these functions.
GLEW functions[procedure] (init)
Required to initialize GLEW/OpenGL. An OpenGL context must be created before this is called.[procedure] (supported? EXTENSION-NAME)
Query whether the OpenGL extension, given as a string, is supported.
24 August 2014
- Split gl-utils into its own egg
- Hyphen-separate 2D, 3D, and 4D in name conversion
8 August 2014
- Export ->pointer, size
- Improve shader error messages
17 June 2014
- Remove gl-math module (which is now its own egg: gl-math)
3 June 2014
- make-vao accepts vectors and blobs
- load-ply returns u8vectors rather than blobs
- gl-utils exports a non-garbage collected by default version of srfi-4
- gl-math can create non-garbage collected matrices
2 June 2014
- load-ply-vao now returns buffer data (which is important to keep around!)
30 May 2014
- Add optional program argument to make-program
- gl-math short-circuits rotations of 0
24 May 2014
- Fix segfaults caused by glewExperimental not being set (thanks, Terpri!)
12 May 2014
- Remove rogue print statement
11 May 2014
- Add gl-math module
- Add gl-utils module
- Add check-error
- Add single element gen and delete functions
- Add glcorearb.h - no longer downloaded at install time
- Initial release
Source available on GitHub.
Bug reports and patches welcome! Bugs can be reported via GitHub or to alex.n.charlton at gmail.