You are looking at historical revision 30661 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Software written in Chicken Scheme
This page has a list of applications that are based on Chicken.
Feel free to add new entries.
- A downloader for Swedish online TV sites.
- a backup/archival system based around content-addressible storage.
- an IRC bot which runs on Freenode's #scheme
- another IRC bot, this one runs in Chicken's official channel (#chicken on Freenode)
- Alex Shinn's Mail Transfer Agent.
- Modal Web Server Example
- Chris Double has written a demonstration for a continuation based web framework using Chicken.
- The wiki software behind this wiki (running on Spiffy the webserver).
- A 3d game engine for rapid development and prototyping.
- A simple cross-platform metal price monitor combining the qt-light, tcp and srfi-18 multi-threading eggs. The application is deployed as a native executable with Chicken's compiler.
- An awful pasting application. That's the software running at http://paste.call-cc.org
- a web interface to chicken-doc, the software that serves up our online API documentation.
- A static website compiler. This is being used by several Chicken users for their blogs and other personal sites.
- An online collaboration tool for students and academics.
Projects that include bindings for Chicken
- Quake2AI library
- A library that allows you to use Chicken for scripting AI in Quake 2, a 3D shoot-em-up game.
- An industrial strength native XML database for Windows (written in C++), which offers Scheme bindings, released by The Institute of System Programming of the Russian Academy of Science.
- a Scheme source-level debugger for Chicken
- A suite of OpenGL based eggs and APIs.
- Functional fuzzing in Chicken scheme
- Sven Hartrumpf ported the SCOP networking library by David Ingram to C and also implemented bindings to Chicken and Bigloo.
- Support to the SCons build-tool
- Pupeno added Chicken support to the SCons build-tool.
- low bandwidth, location-aware communication
- Chicken LiveCD
- a LiveCD with Chicken and eggs ready to use
- A source code manager by Kirill Lisovsky.
- Iron Chicken
- a Chicken-based bot framework for Wikipedia and other wikis that use the MediaWiki software. More generally, a project to make Chicken Scheme into a query language for MediaWiki. To put it another way, a project to harness the power of the collaborative wiki environment as a software development platform.
- Chicken Playground
- a chrooted environment for Chicken