You are looking at historical revision 14424 of this page. It may differ significantly from its current revision.
Welcome to the Chicken wiki.
This wiki was created with the purpose of providing documentation for Chicken. Chicken is an implementation of the Scheme programming language that can compile Scheme programs to C code as well as interpret them.
You can use the search form in the left to get to what you want or start browsing through the following pages. Also, if a function is properly documented, chances are you can go to /function to get to its documentation.
- Elevator pitch
- A brief explanation of why CHICKEN is suitable for Real World tasks
- Chicken for programmers of other languages
- Chicken for programmers of C, Ruby, Python and other programming languages
- Supported platforms
- Platforms & packages
- Listing of all platforms where CHICKEN is available in pre-packaged form
- Get the sources
- People who maintain CHICKEN
- Software people have written using CHICKEN
- Tutorials about all things CHICKEN!
- The User's Manual
- How to use it and reference manual
- Information about CHICKEN extension-libraries (eggs)
- Tips and tricks
- Some handy tips
- Code snippets
- Various small coding examples
The Chicken community
- Active Projects
- join a CHICKEN-based project, or start one!
- Discussion groups
- Mailing lists and IRC channel about CHICKEN
- CHICKEN-related art (logos, desktop backgrounds etc)
- A list of users and contributors to CHICKEN Scheme
- Wiki edits and SVN
- How to edit this wiki using Subversion