Contribute to CHICKEN
There are several ways you can contribute to CHICKEN. Here are some suggestions:
You can donate some money to CHICKEN. See donate for more information.
If you are a developer and have a library you think that may be useful for other CHICKEN developers, you may consider adding it to the CHICKEN repository of eggs.
CHICKEN eggs are kept in a Subversion repository or in distributed-egg-repos. You can decide for yourself which path of hosting you take.
For svn hosted eggs: If you don't have an account for the CHICKEN Subversion repository, you can request it by sending Mario Domenech Goulart (mario . goulart @ gmail . com) an e-mail.
For distributed eggs:
Please drop us a line where to find your egg and we will add it to the list. See also distributed-egg-repos for details.
To make the creation of your account faster, you can provide the following information on your account request message:
- the username you want to use for your account
- the hash of your password. It can be generated with
$ openssl passwd -apr1
- you can also provide the egg name so the directory for it can be created at the same step as the account.
For more information about how to create eggs, see the Eggs tutorial page.
If you are able to fix the bugs, patches are always welcome. Either send them to the mailing list or fill a ticket on the bug tracking system and attach the patch.
If you file a bug to chicken-users, please include the following information in your post if possible:
- Chicken version you are experiencing the bug with
- Your operating system and machine architecture
- A way to reproduce the bug, maybe by a short snippet of code that shows the behaviour
And it would be really cool if you have A patch that remedies the problem!